14 Feb 2012

Ellen and One Million Mothers

I never blog about these kinds of things but I had a strong urge to pen down my thoughts on this matter a few days ago after watching Ellen speak out about it. First of all, Ellen is my girl. I love her so much and I can't get enough of her show. She's down to earth and simply too real for anyone not to love. I also find myself laughing out loud when I watch her because she's just too funny.

When I heard she was pairing up with JCPenny, I thought to myself 'good for her'. I don't shop at JCPenny for obvious reasons (I live in Vienna) but if Ellen was happy about it then I was happy for her. I didn't know about the One Million Mothers thing until Ellen spoke out about it and here is what I think: these mothers are simply enemies of progress. I mean, for real? How does her sexual orientation have anything to do with her being the spokesperson for JCPenny? Is the word 'gay' plastered on her forehead? It makes no sense discriminating her for who she is because at the end of the day she's first and foremost a human being and therefore deserves to be treated as such.

Anyway, I am glad JCPenny stood by her because it would have sucked for her to lose her job because of her sexual orientation. It simply makes no sense. Whether or not they agree with her actions they have no right to judge her for them. I love the fact that Ellen addressed the issue and said "My haters are my motivators" because there will always be people who don't want to see you succeed but you must always stay strong and never let them bring you down. Whew. It feels good to finally let that out. Okay, bye.

No comments: